Monday, June 4, 2018

La Maddalena

Traveling  by public transportation is rarely without challenges, and Sardinia (from here on spelled in Italian, Sardegna), certainly lives up to that assumption. We had forgotten that Sunday presents its own issues in Italy, not to mention one falling on a “festa” to honor Garibaldi in some way. Eventually we arrived by ferry in La Maddalena and this is when I started wishing I had packed more sensibly, like John, and left several items out of the suitcase with the messed up wheels we had to drag about a mile uphill. Our B&B is very pretty and a nice walk to the town, without luggage in tow.
  O 






 





What we did not expect was a place as populated or as busy as La Maddalena has turned out to be. We arrived on the last of a 3-day festa, and I cannot begin to tell you how sorry I am that the music video I took of the entertainment was too big of a file to transfer from my phone. The real focus of the celebration was of course, food.










3 comments: