Thursday, June 7, 2018

Garibaldi and Sensible Shoes

No, those two things are not related. We visited Garibaldi’s compound yesterday and for some weird reason the only photo that shows up on my phone camera is this one :-/

And this view from Isola Cabrra, where Garibaldi’s compound is, looking across to La Maddalena where we are staying until tomorrow.


We do have to share a photo of John with Garibaldi’s statue in the town piazza.

I may have been one of a select few women wearing a one piece bathing suit, but it’s been amazing to see the Italian women here wearing all kinds of sneakers, adorned with all sorts of bling. If only mine had a few jewels...




4 comments:

  1. Editing a post requires skills I don’t yet have (I need Ross), but the name of Garibaldi’s island is Caprera, not whatever autocorrect said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it Garibaldi’s birthday tomorrow?! I did some googling to see what this mans about, hope I read about the right one!! And I see quite a resemblance between him and John.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure have been catching up on the posts, Lisa! Really glad you've enjoyed them. Yes, you read about the right Garibaldi - funny coincidence that his birthday is the 4th of July :-) I'll be sure John reads your observation. xoxox

      Delete